The key objectives for delivering a successful...
Get in touch
If you are interested in finding out more about us, the projects we have worked on or any of our services, get in touch here.
Sports & major events
Transport is a critical component of the overall customer experience when attending a major event, and expectations are getting ever higher.
At Steer Davies Gleave we understand the need to deliver high levels of transport service whilst minimising costs and impacts of hosting major events.
We help our clients optimise the use of resources to ensure transport for their event is efficient, reliable, safe and secure.
Why Steer Davies Gleave?
We have 25 years’ experience in transport and crowd movement for sports venues and major events across the world, giving us the expertise and insights to provide the best possible advice.
Our experience spans the complete project life cycle from bids to host events and the early stages of site selection, through planning, design, construction and event day operations.
Our independence ensures that our advice is impartial.
Our staff offer credibility having held high level positions for Organising Committees right through from bid stage, through planning and operations.
What we can do for you
- Transport strategies for venues and events
- Venue transport operations
- Bids for major events
- Amend existing transport plans to meet event-specific requirements
- Transport planning for all client groups
- Traffic and parking management plans
- Spectator transport demand forecasting
- Pedestrian modelling and crowd management
- Public transport capacity assessments
- Stadia design development
- Value engineering
- Accessible transport
- Temporary transport overlay
- Transport mall design/operation
- Park & Ride design and operation
- Arrivals and Departures forecasting
- Travel Demand Management
- Wayfinding and signage strategy and design
- Website and journey planner design
- Supervision and management of event day operations
Selected project experience
- England 2015 Rugby World Cup
- Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games
- Arsenal FC Emirates Stadium
- London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup
- Bids for Major Events
- Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games
- Tour de France Grand Depart 2014
- Fédération Française de Rugby Grand Stade (French national rugby stadium)
- Wembley Stadium
- AVIVA Lansdowne Road Stadium
- Croke Park
- Chelsea FC
For more information or to arrange an informal chat,
get in touch with us here
The planning and delivery of stadia and major...
England 2015 hosted the most successful Rugby...