The International Transport Forum (ITF) in...
Get in touch
If you are interested in finding out more about us, the projects we have worked on or any of our services, get in touch here.
The link between transport investment and economics is at the heart of current thinking on transport policy. Across the world there has been a move towards objective-led transport funding that takes into account the effect of transport policies and projects on health, the environment, economic growth and employment.
A rigorous application of economic tools and techniques can help decision makers to:
- Estimate the benefits and costs of a transport project or policy
- Assess Wider Economic Impacts such as agglomeration effects
- Compare the outcomes of different policy and project options in a structured way
- Define price-based measures to influence travel behaviour in line with regulatory and policy goals
- Design pricing and incentive regimes for transport agencies & operators
- Investigate the efficacy of measures intended to achieve broader policy aims, for example carbon reduction
So, why us?
Steer Davies Gleave provides expert transport economic advice to regional, national and local government bodies, transport agencies, and businesses around the world.
Our expert team of transport economists has a wide range of skills and experience and a track record of rigorous thinking, analytical excellence and innovative problem solving. We have worked closely with clients on a variety of transport projects requiring thorough economic reasoning and analysis.
Working in multi-disciplinary teams, we combine economics skills with industry expertise, providing clients with practical solutions based on economic principles and an understanding of how transport systems actually work.
What we can do for you
- Competition and regulatory advice
- Economic business case development
- Transport, land use & economic modelling
- Scheme appraisal
- Cost benefit analysis & evaluation
- Wider Economic Impact assessment and guidance
- Stated preference and contingent valuation studies
For more information or to arrange an informal chat,
get in touch with us here
Steer Davies Gleave’s new integrated...
The recent (8 November 2016) decision by the...