Get in touch
If you are interested in finding out more about one of our case studies click here.
Hertfordshire Transport Demand Management Study
Hertfordshire County Council
Steer Davies Gleave worked with Hertfordshire County Council to examine Transport Demand Management interventions for the county.
We assessed the effectiveness and suitability of interventions including smarter choices, workplace measures, parking charges (including a workplace parking levy) and road user charging to meet three traffic and carbon reduction targets.
How we did it
We developed packages of interventions through a three stage study to generate an evidence base, assess the local context and model the costs, revenue, impacts and risks of applying the interventions to individual towns in Hertfordshire. The study involved:
- A review of demand management evaluation reports, our own project experience and case studies from around the world;
- Interviews with project managers and practitioners in local authorities;
- Stakeholder consultation with district councils, and a workshop event with Hertfordshire officials to discuss the interventions and their geographic focus;
- Forecasting travel demand across Hertfordshire, and
- The development of an impact and cost model to assess the effects of each intervention across different types of trip including the effect of different levels of charge and geographic coverage.
For more information please contact
t +44 (0) 20 7910 5000