Get in touch
If you are interested in finding out more about us, the projects we have worked on or any of our services, get in touch here
Cambridge Guided Busway
Cambridgeshire County Council
Steer Davies Gleave co-ordinated a multi-disciplinary PPP team, to develop a robust guided busway scheme from conception through to scheme design.
Steer Davies Gleave guided the evolution of the project from a private sector developer promoted project, to a joint public/private project with the powers sought by Cambridgeshire County Council.
How we did it
We managed a multi-disciplinary team from conception through to scheme design and the preparation for the Transport and Works Act application
- Developing briefs for consultants
- Defined scopes of work
- Provided strategic advice as part of the client team
- Wrote papers to obtain political sign-off
- Facilitated key third party discussions
- Managed the stakeholder and public consultations
- Managed the preparation for the Transport and Works Act application
- Acted as strategic advisor to the QCs during the public inquiry process
Steer Davies Gleave’s management of the team meant that we were able to develop a robust scheme within the extremely tight timeframes. Our expertise in technical issues and an understanding of the political sensitivities and requirements ensured that the right solution we developed.
The project director for Cambridge summarised SDG's input as "at all times professional and undertaken to an extremely high standard. The particular strengths were creativity, problem solving and project management".