Steer Davies Gleave is delighted to announce...
Get in touch
If you are interested in finding out more about us, the projects we have worked on or any of our services, get in touch here.
Design for movement
Design for Movement is a multi-disciplinary approach to the design of public spaces, transport facilities and the amenities they contain.
It is intended to enable innovative design solutions: ranging from concept and detailed design, to design standards, guidelines and policy. It can help to:
- Bring together key stakeholders and design professionals from the outset to work collaboratively and interactively
- Encourage active travel and meet climate change and health targets
- Improve the user experience of new or existing infrastructure, transport systems or amenities
- Enable urban regeneration and improve competitiveness of place to support economic growth
- Evaluate the softer, less tangible benefits of transport facility and public realm design
- Build support and funding for projects by presenting solutions in a format that is easily understandable
So, why us?
We offer a multi-disciplinary approach based on understanding and integrating the needs of people, transport and movement to help realise sustainable, accessible, and engaging design solutions.
We can visualise project concepts through 3D environments, and integrate these with the outputs of micro-simulation models to generate compelling video simulations.
We have developed award winning brand and communication strategies, information graphics, maps and technical documents for many clients around the world.
What we can do for you
- Urban and landscape design
- Wayfinding, signing and cartography
- Digital media design
- Pedestrian and cycle planning and design
- Brand and communications
- Passenger information systems and journey planning
- UX design
- Transport facility and interchange design
- Transport master planning, TOD and access plans
- Land use planning
- Micro-simulation and connectivity analysis
- 3D modelling and visualisation
- Highway and junction design
- Economic uplift and market potential analysis
- Accessibility audits
- Stakeholder management and engagement
- User testing and research
For more information or to arrange an informal chat,
get in touch with us here
The science of design can be applied ...
Steer Davies Gleave’s Design for Movement team...