Get in touch
If you are interested in finding out more about one of our case studies click here.
‘Value of Station Investment’ research for Network Rail
Steer Davies Gleave research on behalf of Network Rail seeks to gain a better understanding of the broader benefits of investment in stations.
Network Rail, the owner and operator of Britain's railway infrastructure, commissioned Steer Davies Gleave to conduct research into the economic benefits of investment in the UK’s railway stations to:
- investigate the commercial potential of station development
- quantify, as far as possible, the impact of station investment on the economy; and,
- identify the implications for future station investment.
How we did it
Steer Davies Gleave conducted interviews with over 60 stakeholders as well as carried out economic modelling and research through case studies. After concluding our research and the publication of the research we sponsored a workshop for Network Rail to share the findings with its property team, project sponsors and managers.
Our research clearly demonstrates the role of stations as gateways to the communities they serve and that appropriate investment in stations can create many benefits for local economies and communities.
- Key findings of the research can be found on this page
- Read the ‘Value of Station Investment’ report here (PDF)
For more information contact
t +44 20 7910 5485