Senior Project Director/Work Winner (Ref: CA2)
Steer Davies Gleave is looking for a senior individual who is able to lead significant business development efforts while also being able to multi-task, work to tight deadlines and act as a key client contact for ongoing project work.
This individual would be a key component of the company’s ongoing growth in integrated transportation planning with a particular focus on leading work in transit and transportation master plans, regional strategic planning, rapid transit alternatives analysis, rapid transit benefits/business cases, and railway planning and operations.
Candidates must have more than 15 years’ experience in integrated transportation planning with both international and North American experience in urban transit and railway project development – with multi-disciplinary and multi-context experience being highly regarded. They must also be highly motivated, ambitious, and creative and have excellent interpersonal skills with the willingness and enthusiasm to lead teams of dynamic professionals.
Expected skills and experience includes:
- A high level of market credibility/track record of business development and winning work.
- A high level of market credibility/track record of leading and directing commissions through the management of consultancy resources and engaging with client and subcontractors/partners
- Ideally a recognised industry name either nationally or within an appropriate agency, lobby organisation (e.g. CUTA/APTA) or geography
- Knowledgeable of national and provincial regulatory processes and approaches to the funding of transit systems
- A collaborative and relatively ‘hands on’ approach to commission planning, leadership and delivery (eg QA throughout including final reports and analysis).
Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel is also essential and fluency in a second language, especially French, is an asset.
If you would like to apply for this role, please complete our online application form (here), attaching your CV and covering letter.
Steer Davies Gleave is an equal opportunities employer.